Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2020

planting at Lake Gem , lake ngatu

 yesterday my whole class went to lake Gem which is behind Lake ngatu for planting.We did this because we were learning about sustainability and we wanted to add more natives around our environment.So we added Mānuka,kānuka and cabbage/tī kōuka and harekeke/flax.To know if it is a Mānuka or kānuka, a kānuka has soft leaves and a Mānuka has spiky leaves.

The first plants me and my friends stared with way the ones on the bottom which was harekeke/flax.There was this man who was digging and the harekeke/flax was in pots.We worked our way up and then we planted  Mānuka. It wasn't  that mamae/sore.

Then I was very wera/hot so i got my self  a bottle of  wai/water. I went where i put my bag well i was walking there i felt a māeke/cold heavy wind going straight past me well i was walking.

When the mahi/job was done we took lots of group photo and we had tina/lunch and here is a photo from yesterday.







2 comments:

  1. That was very fun and planting the plants to. I'm pretty sure all the plants we planted are all nice and healthy now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Caleb its Mack from Paroa school really like your blog post and planting at lake jem, planting at a lake would be really fun. also how many plants did you plant?

    ReplyDelete